Selling digital information products is one of many businesses a person can make a lot of money from. Others include network marketing, having a brick and mortar business, playing the stock market, and a plethora of other opportunities out there. However, there are a number of reasons why the info product business is actually the best business model to pursue. This article will 5 of those reasons in order to give you a clearer picture of the landscape.
1. One of the greatest benefits of starting an information product business online is the low start up costs. Start up costs include a hosting account, which is about $10 a month, and a domain name, which is about $10. It is also a good idea to get an email auto responder account such as Aweber, which starts out at about $19 a month. So for less than $50 dollars you can start a business that can make 6 figures or more. This is unheard of in the world of brick and mortar businesses.
2. Another benefit of selling digital information products is the very high profit margins. You don’t have to pay for supplies or rent, so pretty much every dollar that you earn from sales is pure profit. The only major expense you’ll have is advertising. This is because you only pay one time to have the product produced, and then you never have to pay for it again.
3. You don’t have to worry about storing lots of items in your home or renting warehouse space to keep items you sell. If you sell physical products you have to worry about drop shipping, or housing products in a warehouse or your own home. Digital products are stored on computers, so they don’t take up any space and you are free from the hassle of shipping items and worrying about warehouse space.
4. Putting your income on autopilot is a since with an info product business. You can set up your website and sales system so that people come to your website and buy items 24 hours a day, and this can all work even if you are away from the computer on vacation.
5. Free advertising is a reality when selling digital information products as well. There are methods such as social media and article marketing which enable you to promote your product aggressively even if you don’t have any money.